Keeping in step with New Jersey’s initiative that encourages businesses to use clean energy sources, The Lock Up Self Storage facilities in the townships of Livingston and Westwood have installed solar panels. These panels ensure that The Lock Up is doing its part in making their communities future friendly while also helping to reduce the cost of running each facility.
The decision to harness the renewable energy created by the sun was a simple one for both economical and ethical reasons. Installation of the solar panels definitely promises financial benefits since sunlight is free. But, more importantly, both the Livingston and Westwood Lock Up facilities are markedly reducing their carbon footprint with their newly acquired solar panels. As a company that serves the needs of people within their communities, The Lock Up is proud that their solar panels will provide such an environmentally beneficial effect on their communities.
The Lock Up Self Storage facility in Livingston, New Jersey had 732 solar panels installed in April. The clean power generated by these panels will provide on average 70% of the power used at the Livingston location. Of course, this number will fluctuate depending on the power needs at any given moment. At times the energy created by the panels will actually be feeding power back into the public utility grid, providing clean power to the community. The use of the solar panels at the Livingston facility results in a reduction of emissions from a standard power plant equivalent to:
- 27 cars removed from the road
- 17,485 gallons of gasoline saved
- Planting 56 acres of trees
- A reduction of 251, 461 pounds a year of CO2 emissions (also known as Greenhouse Gas)
- A reduction of 452 pounds a year of NOx emissions (these emissions are known to contribute to smog and acid rain)
- A reduction of 1,374 pounds a year of SOx emissions (these emissions are also known to contribute to smog and acid rain)
The Lock Up Self Storage facility in Westwood, New Jersey is smaller than the Livingston facility, so it had 559 panels installed. With this many panels, Westwood will be able to generate an impressive 90% of the power needed at this location. Like the Livingston location, power usage will vary allowing this facility to occasionally feed power back into the public utility. Here are the benefits that the Westwood Lock Up Self Storage facility’s solar panels will make to the environment:
- Equivalent of 21 cars removed from the road
- 13,527 gallons of gasoline will be saved
- Equivalent of 43 acres of trees planted
- A reduction of 194,540 pounds per year of CO2 (also known as Greenhouse Gas)
- A reduction of 350 pounds per year of NOx (these emissions are known to contribute to smog and acid rain)
- A reduction of 1,063 pounds per year of SOx (these emissions are also known to contribute to smog and acid rain)
These statistics bring to light how much the new solar panels in the New Jersey Lock Up Self Storage facilities will reduce emissions from power plants. This use of sustainable “green” energy is yet another reason that The Lock Up Self Storage facilities should be your number one choice when looking for a self storage facility.
Be a part of The Lock Up Self Storage’s “green” initiative! To rent a storage unit at the Livingston or Westwood facilities in New Jersey, call 1-866-327-LOCK.