These days, lots of newly engaged couples are deciding to have Do-It-Yourself weddings. They allow you to flex your creative muscles and avoid starting your life together in debt. With a little planning and some elbow grease, it’s easier than ever to mastermind an event that will far surpass any little girl’s dream wedding. Weddings require lots of stuff, so if you’re tight on space in your home, you may want to consider looking into the convenience a self storage unit has to offer.
Creating Your Dream Wedding with the Help of a Storage Unit?
The Lock Up can help you with the pre-planning. Here are some ways that The Lock Up self storage facilities can help make the days leading up to your big day less stressful.
- Table settings are like the canvas for wedding DIYers. This is where you can truly let your personalities shine. The more goodies on your table that reflect you and your betrothed, the more special your event will be for everyone involved. Begin gathering table displays, vases, china, glassware and silverware at flea markets, vintage shops or estate sales. After your big day, you can pick what you love to keep and either sell off or donate the rest. Either way, The Lock Up can keep your decorations safe for the big day and out of the way while you start your new lives together.
- Your wedding date is months away, but you’ve just stumbled across an incredible deal on cases of wine that is too good to pass up. Neither you nor your soon-to-be have the proper way to store all that wine. You have visions of bottles of wine-gone-bad being poured at your wedding because the cases sat in your back sun porch for weeks on end. But, a climate controlled storage unit wouldn’t let that happen. Certain Lock Up Self Storage locations are equipped with state of the art wine storage facilities where you can store as little or as much wine as you need to at affordable prices.
- We’ve all fallen victim to the hoarding nature that takes over when you walk in the doors of a warehouse shopping club where five pound wheels of cheese are the norm. Suddenly you feel the need to buy a twenty pack of toothbrushes or enough toilet paper to last you half a year. All kidding aside, these kinds of clubs can be both time and money savers for wedding DIYers. They often have large quantities of party supplies like plastic flutes for champagne, napkins and serving ware. With a Lock Up Self Storage unit, you needn’t worry that you’ll be tiptoeing amongst rows of party supplies in your home. Buy what you need and keep it all in one place.
- A great way to save money is to provide as many of your own tables and chairs as possible for the ceremony and reception. Ask friends and family to loan you any spare chairs or tables. You’ll have an eclectic look that you can unify with color. As the donations come in, just keep them in your Lock Up Self Storage unit, safe and out of the way.
- No DIY wedding would be complete without a customized wedding arch for the ceremony. Affordable basic arches are available online. Once you receive yours, you can use your Lock Up Self Storage unit to set up the arch and test out different decorations without taking up a ton of space in your home.
Be sure to secure your Lock Up Self Storage unit so that you can get all the fixings for a big day that’s as beautiful as you want it to be. Call 866-327-LOCK for more information or go to www.thelockup.com.
Have any DIY wedding ideas? Share them here!