A change from winter to spring outside should mean a change from winter to spring inside your home too. During the winter, it’s natural to hunker down and hibernate. Your home reflects this. But with a few easy steps, you can transform your winter den into a spring nest that’s light and bright. The Lock Up Self Storage can hide away all of your home’s winter wear until the end of the year. Here are some helpful tips to make the transition from winter to spring in your home.
Self Storage Units: Your Spring Cleaning Solution
The Lock Up Self Storage can hide away all of your home’s winter wear until the end of the year. Here are some helpful tips to make the transition from winter to spring in your home.
- Bring the outdoors inside. Having fresh spring flowers is a wonderful way to enjoy the coming of spring inside your home.
- Change your curtains. During winter many people hang heavy curtains to keep the drafts out and insulate their homes. But now that the daylight lingers longer, it’s time to welcome the sunshine into your home again by brightening things up a little. Switch heavy drapes out for lighter sheer curtains. Clean your winter curtains accordingly and pack them away in your climate controlled storage unit for safe keeping.
- Change your bedding. The winter months require that bedtime consists of snuggling underneath big warm comforters. But the warmer months of spring and summer say otherwise. Switch your comfy comforter out for a lighter bed spread. Be sure to clean your comforter well before storing it along with your curtains in your Lock Up storage unit.
- Spring cleaning. Once the weather gets nice, everyone opens up their windows and gets busy cleaning. This inevitably means that things get rearranged and clutter gets cleared. What to do with the things you simply cannot part with? Let The Lock Up store them for you until you are ready to bring them back into your home.
- Renovate. “Honey do” lists get long during the winter months. Spring is the perfect time to finally paint and do all the renovations on your home that you couldn’t do during winter. Brighten your walls with a fresh coat of paint or finally install new windows that can open easily to let the warm spring breezes blow fresh air through your new curtains. While you spruce up your home, store your furniture and valuables at a secure self storage facility to ensure that they do not get damaged in the process.
- Redecorate. Pull out any decorations such as pictures, table linens, pillows and throws that are bright and cheery. Store away any darker, heavier pieces for next winter at The Lock Up.
Allow The Lock Up to store your home’s winterizing gear and keep your home goods safe during a revamping. This way you can get the most enjoyment out of your home during the upcoming spring and summer.
Contact a store manager at the self storage facility nearest you, and learn how The Lock Up offers services that make a difference. Or Contact us today at 866.327.LOCK.
Have any spring decorating tips you’d like to share? Tell us here.